Ron Vandehey, P.E., S.E.
- Oregon Institute of Technology, B.S.C.E, 1988
- Oregon Institute of Technology, Associates 1987
- 20 years as a practicing consulting structural engineer
- Registered Structural Engineer in Oregon and Professional Engineer in Alaska, California, Idaho, New Jersey and Washington
- Commercial and residential structures
- Seismic evaluation and Retrofit projects
- Historic structures
- School facilities
- Historic Structures
- Equipment Anchorage
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon, President 2007-2008
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon, Vice-President 2006-2007
- Consulting Engineers Council of Oregon, Program Committee chair
- Oregon Chapter of American Concrete Institute
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Association of General Contractors of America - Oregon Columbia Chapter
During the past 20 years, Ron Vandehey has worked as a structural engineer at Miller Consulting Engineers. He has gained experience as a project engineer, project manager, associate engineer, and most recently, a principal. Ron is currently a Principal Engineer III. He graduated from Oregon Institute of Technology with an Associates Degree and a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a speciality in Structural Engineering. Mr. Vandehey is registered as a Structural and Civil Engineer in Oregon. He is also licensed as a Civil engineer in California, Idaho, New Jersey and Washington.
Mr. Vandehey’s experience varies with a wide variety of materials including concrete, wood, steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, plastics and masonry. His extensive structural design experience allows him to recognize practical, economical, structural solutions with a special talent for the management and design of seismic renovations and additions to existing buildings. Mr. Vandehey has extensive knowledge with seismic evaluations and upgrade of existing buildings. He has provide evaluations using FEMA310, FEMA356, and ASCE31. He has provided seismic upgrades that meet the requirements of the City of Portland and various other jurisdiction around the Pacific Northwest. His unique and innovative approach to existing building has saved clients precious time and money.
Mr. Vandehey has provided numerous evaluations for educational and institutional facilities. Through these evaluations and subsequent upgrades, he has been able to provide the client with a safer building, while increasing the overall value of the once dangerous facility. As the son of a farmer, Mr. Vandehey has a unique perspective on the requirements and uses of agricultural facilities. He has been able to use this knowledge to serve his clients with exceptional designs that are both economical and provide the client with a efficient structure.